Katharine is 5 months old now and we just can't believe how the time is flying by! We have been back in Charleston for almost a year and it feels like the blink of an eye. Katharine continues to grow bigger and to get more and more personality!
Here are some of the latest highlights:
- We are convinced she is the smartest baby we know (I'm sure this is mostly parental pride but she just continues to amaze us with all the little things she does). For example, tonight she sat in her high chair so she could be with us during dinner and I gave her one of her baby spoons to play with; after a slight miss into the forehead and one into the eye, she put that spoon right into her mouth! She knew exactly what that thing was for! (She also definitely got the concept that we were eating and seemed maybe just a bit envious).
- She is definitely very verbal! She now has these little high-pitched shrieks and la-la type sounds that she loves to make. The range from soft and cute to loud and cute to loud and expressing frustration. She seems to really like to practice some of these sounds in public places like restaurants, etc.
- She still hasn't rolled over again since the first time around 4 months but she is now rolling from side to side.
- She is very interested in her hands and feet, loving to lay on her back and reach for her feet. When she wakes up in the morning she lays in her crib and chats to her self and kicks her feet around.
- She is still enjoying discovering foods and textures. So far we have tried rice cereal (good), peaches (good), and bananas (good). We have not yet decided what we will try next!
- Teething?? - Oh boy did we have a rough afternoon yesterday. She cried the saddest cry we have ever heard her cry and not much would comfort her. It finally passed but it left us wondering if that was our first round of teething pains! The only good part of this was that the only thing that seemed to comfort her was some mommy-love and that made me feel pretty darn special!