Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Recital!!!



Today was recital day and Katharine was the prettiest girl there (in my opinion!). She did a great job on stage and looked fabulous in her costume. Her ballet number this year was "Too Many Girlfriends" (they had a boy in their class this year!) and her tap number was "Good Golly, Miss Molly." They were honestly cute beyond words!


After the dance recital Daddy gave her these pretty purple roses and we all went to Caviar & Bananas for a special treat (Grandmomma and Poppa came down to see the recital!).


On the ride home Paul was telling Katharine what a great job she had done and how he couldn't wait until next year (the recital is considered one of his father's day gifts). KK said deadpan, "actually, there isn't going to be a next year but, don't worry, you'll still get lots of presents."


Personally, momma is totally bummed as I love the recitals every year. I'm already thinking of a major bribe of some sort to get her interested again! (I'm sure bribes aren't recommended in the Mother of the Year Official Guidebook but, heck, my kid is just too darn cute in a tu-tu!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great picture of KK. She looks very grown up! Like you I always loved dance recitals! Hope KK changes her mind for next year! I haven't ck'd the blog in a while - All the pictures and updates are great! Mamie