Monday, August 01, 2011

First family trip to the movies

Saturday night we all went to the movies to see the Smurfs in 3D. We had a great time and the kids seemed to really enjoy it (although Matt gave up on the glasses about 5 minutes in to the movie).

But, holy cow, going to the movie theatre is expensive these days! I felt like I was living my own American Express Commercial:

$44 = price for four movie tickets and "fee" for 3D glasses
$18 = price for snack combo, 2 large drinks and a large popcorn
$3 = price for cheesy picture posted here
Priceless = seeing it on the big screen

Really???

I don't know - I could have hit the RedBox for $1.09 and provided snacks for less than $5. This just might have been the incentive I needed to get back in to NetFlix. It's a good thing these little guys are so cute because they sure don't come cheap! ;)

No comments: